Yes yes ya’ll. Prettttty dang good. My cousin Kenz sent me this recipe last week and I wasted no time in getting to it! Hubs said it’s probs the best thing I’ve put up here so far. As usual I didn’t have all the exact ingredients due to forgetting at the store (world’s WORST grocery shopper here) but really didn’t stray too far at all from original recipe!
- 6-8 whole wheat tortillas ( I got the smaller size, low carb kind)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 14 or 28 oz can red enchilada sauce (original recipe called for 28 oz but I had TONS left over)
- 1/2-1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used about a cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Add more or less depending on your preference of HOTness!)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or monterey cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
* I used a mexican shredded cheese blend for inside filling mixture and shredded cheddar cheese melted on top! Original recipe called for monterey. Of course I just used what I had. And then once cooked I sprinkled a tiny bit of blue cheese rather than gorgonzola on top cause once again…it’s all I had. What is it with me NEVER having the correct cheese?! I always think I have the right kind at home when I’m at the store and then get home and realize I was wrong. All that to say….ANY kind of cheese is GOOD and will WORK!
Cook your chicken and shred it up. Our crockpot magically disappeared when we recently moved so I just boiled the chicken up the old fashion way…for about 20 minutes until tender and cooked all the way through.
Get out your onions and chop them up.
Preheat your oven 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with some non-stick spray. Pour your red enchilada sauce into a bowl and then begin whisking in your Buffalo Wing Sauce. Start out with about 1/2 cup and taste…whisk in more and adjust according to your liking.
Add shredded chicken to a separate bowl with about half to 3/4 of your chopped up green onions. Then add in your 1/2 cup (orrrr a little more) of shredded cheese.
Dump in about 1/2 cup of your enchilada/buffalo sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir until mixture comes together. Pour a drizzle of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish. Take each tortilla and fill it with a few heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture. Roll each up and set in the baking dish seam side down.
Pour some more of your sauce on top of the rolled tortillas and add your remaining shredded cheese on top. Then sprinkle on the rest of your chopped green onions and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Once out and sizzling sprinkle just a little bit of your gorgonzola or blue cheese on top. Gives it that extra “buffalo” kick! But of course optional if you’re not a fan or don’t think you would be. Oh yeah and some fresh chopped up cilantro on top too ( I forgot to get some duh). Serious goodness here. I’m LOVING all the suggestions coming my way from pals! FOR REALZ.