This turned out pretty good! Perfect time for a nice fresh dinner salad with this insannnne Oregon weather we’ve been having?! Was nervous making the dressing for it but it was actually really good! And I love using a rotisserie chicken for any recipe. So easy and I just honestly really like the nice & juicy chicken. Original recipe had a few extra ingredients (yellow peppers, tarragon, radishes) which probably is still good but I knew the hubs and I’s tastebuds would do ok without. Obvs with a salad you can add or take away to your preference. That’s what salads are for?
- 3 small red-skinned potatoes, sliced up and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I used dry cause I had them)
- 2 tablespoons chopped or dried basil (I substituted this for the tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt ( I used full fat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 romaine hearts, torn (bagged it…it’s just too convenient!)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 avacado, chopped
If you’re gonna do potatoes then get those covered with water and some salt and boil them up. Not to the point they’re so soft you can mash them, but just so that their semi soft and can be sliced but still have a little crunch. About 6-8 min. I was gonna leave them out but figured I’d give them a try in the salad. Once done get them sliced and set aside.
Tear up your rotisserie chicken into pieces. Try to leave the skin off. Slice up your red potatoes.
Toss all your ingredients together with your dressing and voila! I thought this was really good and fresh. Felt good to “make” a dressing. Hubs enjoyed. He opted for it without the potatoes. They didn’t really make or break the dish…just something different. Probably with the other ingredients from the original recipe that I left out maybe the combo was unbeatable. But still good with my version! Obvs had to add some croutons on top. I LOVE salads.