Yep you read that right. Sound good or sound weird? Maybe both? They were prettttty good. The original recipe I used called for powder sugar instead of regular which I found to be interesting. It gave it this lighter/fluffier texture? I was intrigued but also wondered what it would’ve turned out like if I used reg. It doesn’t call for many ingredients at all which is nice. They’re sweet and salty and pretty and colorful. They just scream fun.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips, plus more for the tops (I used Lay’s)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP sprinkles, plus more for the tops
Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper, then cream the butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.
With mixer on low, gradually add the flour.
Fold in the potato chips, chocolate chips and sprinklezz.
Scoop about 2 tbsp worth of dough onto the cookie sheet. Press more chip crumbles and sprinkles into the top of each cookie.
Bake in oven for around 15 min. Watch and take out once outside edges are golden. Voila!