These were fresh and tasty. I cheated…. in that I used already cooked shrimp (it saves soo much time I couldn’t help it!). Pretty easy recipe that I found on cleaneatingmag.com. Great for a spring or summer night. Not too heavy but just right. And guess what? There’s literally only a few steps. It’s awesome.
- 12 oz frozen cooked (or pre-cooked) shrimp (peeled, deveined and tails removed), defrosted, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Dash hot sauce, optional ( I didn’t use. Wanna know what I did use? Bacon. So there’s that.)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Tomatoes (chopped up cherry or vine)
- 2 lightly packed cups arugula or baby spinach
- 4 whole-grain Kaiser-style rolls or whole-grain buns, split and toasted
Chop up your shrimp and celery.
Mix in your greek yogurt, your dijon and your dill, salt and pepper. And I may or may not have added in some bacon crumbles???
Throw your mixture onto a roll and add some arugula. And there you have a shrimp & arugula salad sando. YUMMO.